Followers

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Dolphin Birthday

Now dinner is done and dusted I can upload my second and last card for the day.  It was such a rude interruption to have to vacate my chair and occupy the dreaded kitchen but I really should not complain as hubby is so good at taking his turn <g>

This card was specifically designed for the Delicious Doodles challenge - Make it Fishy.  OK, I know a dolphin is not a fish but it does swim in the sea so is close enough I think.  I was itching to make this card all day after seeing the challenge last night and just having to go buy the digi I used which I have had my eye on for some time, it is just so goooorrrggeous don't you agree.

As usual, I really wanted to show the digi off and had thought of using some wonderful water velum I have stashed away but then thought, material.  I have not made a card using material instead of DP for ages and knew I had what I thought would be perfect in my drawer.  The material was a scrap given to me by a friend (also in four more colours) which she bought of an event here in Abqaiq, Saudi Arabia, to decorate the tables.  I tried to pucker it up to make it look like the motion of the sea but by the time I had added the text border, digi and embellishment it kind of got hidden, never mind, I know it is there and you can feel it in the real world.

Recipe:-
  • White Linen card from Craft Creations
  • Digi - Leaping Dolphins by Teri of Delicious Doodles
  • DIes - Spellbinder - grand scalloped ovals and  fantastic flourish one, Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 4pk - Borders by Rachael Bright
  • Background is material from my stash
  • Sentiment by your truly
  • Pearls, Stickles, gems, dolphin charms and Extreme Glitter also from my stash.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-
Thank you for stopping by and happy crafting.  Hugs Mimi


7 comments:

  1. Oh, I LOVE this card and I have a very special younger niece who would enjoy receiving it in September ... she used to love dolphins when she was a little girl so I could remind her of her youth :-) Whooooooops , better not let her know I said that. I can see why you liked the digi-stamp so much 'cos it is lovely and I imagine, fun to work with. Do you supply computer screen cleaner by any chance? Using fabric for the sea is just so effective and adds a lovely, tactile element to the card. You look as though you really enjoyed mking this one. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love all the details and I know it must be even better in real life! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card, you have obviously put a lot of thought into it and it shows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the card! The charms are very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely dolphin card you have made here which fits perfectly the Delicious Doodles Challenge this week of “something fishy”. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Delicious Doodles Challenge Blog Design Team Member)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, stunning!! Absolutely love it.. dolphins are my favourite!!! Thanks for joining us at PD! Hugsxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi