Followers

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Noel

How strange to be making a Christmas card in July but I saw the new Digi Darla challenge so decided to participate :)

I designed the die cut for the shape of this card and cut with my Black Cat.  To accentuate the holly leaves I embossed them with Christmas Green embossing powder.  It is a shame it does not show on the image but I also use Holographic embossing powder on the fur trims of Mr. and Mrs. Clause.  Gold embossing powder was used for Mrs. Clause's glasses.  The DP was designed by me and had a poinsettia embossed overlay. The digi was fussy cut and attached with foam tape for added dimension.  To finish off I used red organza ribbon and green ribbon for the bow and a poinsettia flower from my stash.  Red Stickles were added to the holly too.

The inside of the card also has a poinsettia flower :)
Ingredients:-
  • White Linen card and red card from Craft Creations
  • Digi - Santa and MistleSantatoe by Digi Darla
  • Christmas Green and Holographic embossing powders
  • DP designed by me
  • Ribbon, Stickles and poinsettia from my stash
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

10 comments:

  1. Fantastic card design! Really reminds me of a front door, over which someone would hang some mistletoe! Cool idea adding red stickles for the holly berries.
    Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up Challenge for our Christmas in July challenge!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing card! Love that you designed the entire card. Great eye and love all the details. That background is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at CIU Challenges. ~Tami

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Mimi and thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely Beautiful!!
    Thank you for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M (my blog)♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous design, thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin, good luck with the challenge. Hugz Suzanne DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely Christmas card .... well we all know what a big softie Father Christmas is and I'm so pleased to see Mrs Christmas showing her love for him. This card makes me smile and I love the papers too so I'll forgive you for reminding me that Christmas is not so far off. These lazy, hazy summer days take all percpective of time away from me :-)xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great design. I love the card shape. I can just see Santa kissing his main squeeze on the stoop as he leaves to deliver all those presents. Thanks for sharing this fantastic card with us at Digi Darla.

    Emily T, DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, Mimi. Thanks for joining us over at Cards for Men and good luck with the challenge.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card inside and out. I really love the diecut on the front. The texture is really cool too. The addition of the poinsettia on the inside is a nice touch. Thanks so much for joining us in our current challenge over at Digi Darla's and especially for using one of DD's awesome Christmas images. I hope that you had fun and will continue to enter into our future challenges.

    Lisa D., Digi Darla's Challenges, DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. What wonderful job you did with this image! Love the shape of the card!
    Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla’s

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi