Followers

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

SPS - Peacock Fairy

Sweet Pea Stamps

Today is my day to showcase an image from Sweet Pea Stamps and I decided to work with the image Peacock Fairy by Meredith Dillman.

I have had this image for ages and have been longing to colour her but wanted to wait until I had some real peacock feathers to work with for the card too :)

To begin with I created the card base.  When I was designing this card I created a very swirly cut out design for the front windows.  That was fun to do but thinking about it I wondered if I would be able to cut it successfully first time.  My die cutter is more than capable but I have learnt over the years a new mat and needle are imperative for something like this along with the type of card being worked with, something with a tight composition, bone dry and preferably white is the best I have found for cutting.  Being a bit pushed for time and not wanting to trash a new mat I wondered if it would work to cut the design using cream vinyl and then applying that to a clear plastic sheet - worth a go.

Here is the cutting done
Next I used some cheap lightweight vinyl to transfer the cut shape and apply it to the clear plastic sheet.  Next I cut around the outside of the shape, scored the fold lines and done.  Yep, this, I think was a great success.
Now, for some reason, I don't seem to have taken any more photos.  Think that is because I am tying to get lots of blog post done before I go on holiday and some things are just slipping from my memory lol.  Anyway, I printed the image with a 60% opacity to prepare it for the no-line colouring technique the proceeded to colour using Promarkers.  As there is nowhere to write inside this card I used a Spellbinder die and the same dp as I used to cover the inside of the card.  To finish off the back I used a few of the longs strands found on peacock feathers and a tiny wee bright blue bow.  The front of the card has the same embellishment and a birthday tag.  To finish off the front, Liquid Pearls were placed on the swirl ends of the cut out design.

Back of card
 Front of card


Ingredients
  • Image -  Peacock Fairy by Meredith Dillman available in rubber or as a digi
  • Promarkers
  • Dies - C Art Decorative Oval Frames, Spellbinders Adorning Squares-7 and Spellbinders Classic Scallop Squares
  • Vinyl, Liquid Pearls, plastic sheet, peacock feather, bow etc. from my stash
Challenges entered

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous design! Thanks for playing at Crafting When We Can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your design thank you for joining us at OLL Challenge Susan DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning card! I love the shape and your image is beautiful. Thanks for playing along with us at CWWC and good luck. Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, love the shape of your card, very pretty. A lovely image so beautifully coloured too. The addition of the feathers is fabulous. Thanks for sharing with us at Ooh La La Creations. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, such an intricately cut card front. This is gorgeous. I love the addition of the feathers, too. So glad you could play along in my Monday Mood Board challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous, such a gorgeous image and wonderful design.
    Thank you for joining us at Ooh La La Creations.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the design of this card, gorgeous! Thanks again for your entry at Melonheadz Friends, best of luck to you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi