Followers

Monday, June 29, 2015

Mother and Baby GIrl

Sweet Pea Stamps

Today is my day to showcase and image from Sweet Pea Stamps and I have chosen to work with the beautiful image Mother and Baby Girl  by Conie Fong which is available from the Sweet Pea Store in as a digi and in rubber.

This card is for a friend of mine who is just about to have a baby girl in the next week or so.  She is keeping very quite about what she and her hubby are going to call their baby daughter so I couldn't add the name to the card lol.


To begin with I coloured the image with Promarkers

Using the colours I have chosen I am trying to have a vintage feel to this card but the mum to be is far from girly or vintage.  She does wear a lot of fawn colours so I am hoping with all the lace etc I am adding to the card she will still like it.  Maybe I can call it funky vintage lol.

To make the frame for her I used the die cArt decorative Oval Frames and then attached white lace behind the frame which I ruffled.  A couple of flourishes were cut using Crafty Ann -Flourish-5.  All these sections were airbrushed with Warm Brown 5, 4 and 3 Promarkers.
For the card base I used brown paper and then pink card which I embossed with a Tattered Lace embossing folder. Some rather special lace was added along the bottom. Next onto the digi, with her
coloured I then fussy cut her.   Some lace I had which was the perfect colour was placed at the back of part of the frame and then up to the top left edge of the card.  I made some roses from hand made paper using the Spellbinder die Bitty-Blossoms-6 and then added a pram charm, baby girl ribbon bow and some pearl strands.  Liquid Pearls were added along the bottom of the Mums dress to hide the join where it meets the frame and to balance the out I also added some Liquid Pearls to the lace edges of her dress and the babies dress.
 The inside of the card was finished of with some design paper I had floating around and the writing area created with die Sizzix - 657914 which I then air-brushed with my warm brown Promarker.  The flourishes on the front were a bit big for what I wanted so I had trimmed them down, no point in wasting anything so I placed them on the inside :) :) :) .



Ingredients:-
  • Image - Mother and Baby Girl  by Conie Fong
  • Colouring Medium - Promarkes and chalk (chalk was used for the flowers)
  • Dies -  cArt decorative Oval Frames, Crafty Ann -Flourish-5 and Spellbinder die Bitty-Blossoms-6 
  • From my Stash - lace, charm, peel off sticker sentiment, peals sprays and ribbon
I am entering into the following challenges:-
Thank you for stopping by today and hope you have a happy crafting time ahead of you :) xx

9 comments:

  1. Stunning card and I love the lace inset - wonderful idea! Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adore this card! Vintage - Great look! :)) Thanks for joining us at Get Creative Challenges!

    Camille - DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card, beautiful layout and colour scheme.
    Thanks for joining us at OMCF.
    Julie DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW this is stunning Mimi! I love that image and all of your gorgeous details, the new mom will love it! Thanks so much for joining us at Creatalicious this month!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow. Stunning card,, I'm sure your friend will love it and treasure it for her daughter. thank you for joining in the June challenge over at Craft for the Craic.
    EIthne (owner)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, beautifully cradfted, Thanks for joining us at Open Minded Crafting Challenges this fortnight for our "Vintage" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card with a sweet image and I like how you made the frame, a great idea! Thanks for joining the bingo challenge at ATSC. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card - love the vintage look. Great job on coloring the image. Thank you for joining us at Open Minded Crafting Fun and good luck!
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "ribbon & pearls” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)
    (DT Come and Get It)
    (DT Crafty Friends)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi