Followers

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Angels and White Feathers

I was sitting alone at home this evening and had the urge to make something for the Digitally Sweet Challenge going 100% digital :).  This will be turned into a card for my Mum who is not very well at the moment.  The rose is taken from a photo my Mum took of one of the many roses she grows in her garden and is not able to enjoy at the moment.

Following the theme of Green, white and one other colour - I first created my background by using a pattern brush in Photoshop and several shades of green on a white background, I then blurred the artwork to make a soft but textured base and added a gradient - transparent to pink.  I then duplicated this layer and reduced the transparency and resized the paper to give the overall impression of a glassy border with the darker paper inside.  next I imported the rose photo and removed the background.  The feather, a white one as this represents an angel close by which my Mum needs at this moment in time was created using a Photoshop brush from Obsidian Dawn.  The text was then added in white with pink outline.


Challenges entered:-
Digitally Sweet - Green, White and one other colour

3 comments:

  1. Oh! Mimi this is so VERY beautiful, I love the effect you have achieved in the background, it shows up the beautiful rose wonderfully. Your Mum is going to love it. Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!
    Faith DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Thank you for joining the challenge at Digitally Sweet. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely digital creation, thank you for sharing how you made it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi