Followers

Saturday, April 21, 2018

Ladybird

Just a quick post from me with a bag I created today using Ladybug Sprite by Aurora Wings, isn't she just adorable :) :) :).  The challenge this month over at Aurora Wings is Black & White (with or without a splash of color) and I had such fun this morning creating this.  My thoughts last night when I went to bed was for a totally different outcome, I still kept to the gift bag plan and the image was already printed out although not coloured but sometime during the night I must have thought that dismantling the bag and stamping a flower border would be fun and it still sounded like fun when I woke up.  The original plan was to have a lot more die cutting and no stamping lol.


To begin with I heated the bag up to soften the glue and then unassembled it without causing any damage.  Next I used a Sheena Douglas stamp and stamped the border all around the bottom edge.  One thing I had not thought about during all my excitement was the folds in the bag shape grrr, they did not want to stamp properly but although they are still noticeable they are not  immediately obvious.  Next problem was the type of paper the bag is made from, rather waxy and I kept getting ink where I did not want it.  As we all know, crafters are great at covering up mistakes lol, so I added a few butterflies and then used some black spray ink to add splattered background.  Kinda cool so i am a happy bunny.  I Ladybug image was printed twice (I wanted the wings from one of the images to be a second layer to the image to add a bit of dimension).  I coloured both sections with Prismacolour pencils which hubby has just treated me to, not sure what I think of them as I just love my Polychromes.  These pencils are very very soft and do give a beautiful smooth finish but I can't see them lasting very long!!!!!!  Colouring all done and time to fussy cut the lady bug and her wings.  The wings were attached with foam tape at the bottom edge and flat at the top edge so in reality you can see how they are lifting away from the coloured image, hard to show on the photo grrrr.  With the ladybug all ready she was glued to the bag.  Next I die cut a With Love sentiment and found some ribbon hiding at the bottom of my box which was perfect to make the bow.  I added the bow to a doily die cut and glued this to the bag handle with silicone glue.  Finally I added a tiny ladybug embellishment just above the bow.

Side view of bag showing stamped border all round.

Black medallion with bow and tine ladybird used to finish off the bag handle.

Close up of the coloured image, Ladybug Sprite, by Aurora Wings.

Challenges entered:-



12 comments:

  1. Super cute. Thank you so much for joining in with ARTastic this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mimi, beeeeeeeautiful!!! Thank you so much for joining us Cardz 4 Galz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! This is totally precious, Mimi! Amazing stamping and little Ladybug Sprite looks right at home in the garden. LOVE your coloring and dimension and the bow and embellies are just perfect. Such a professional job. I would buy this in a heartbeat. Thanks so much for joining our B&W + 1 other color challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a spectacular project, Mimi! Every detail comes together for a stunning gift bag. I love your take on the challenge theme!! Thank you for joining us at AWCB with this gorgeous project. Mitzi xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Sunny Day Crafting and Cardz 4 Galz.
    Janis
    Pause Dream Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW. black and white with a pop of red - great card. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, so beautiful bag! And the little ladybug was adorable :)
    Thanks for joining us at ARTastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous bag, it really made me smile, and the ladybird is so adorable. Thanks for joining us over at the Fussy and Fancy Challenge blog...best of luck..Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. So adorable. Thank you so much for joining us at ARTastic this month.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is such a gorgeous bag Mimi.
    Thank you for joining us at ARTastic this month

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi